Putting on a face mask is not necessary during the “main activities” of a relaxed and pleasant holiday in Andalusia
On July 15th 2020, the government of the autonomous region of Andalusia has decided to oblige anyone over the age of 6 to wear a face mask in public spaces, both inside and outside. Currently we are receiving many questions concerning this issue, which, obviously causes doubts among our future guests. We will briefly explain the main aspects of this so-called “face mask obligation”. The following rules apply specifically to the Autonomous Community of Andalusia:
When are you obliged to wear a face mask?
- The main rule is as follows: as soon as you start walking, put on your face mask.
- In all public spaces (both inside and outside), in stores and in supermarkets.
- While traveling by plane, public transport or car (except with a family group or people that live together).
When is it not necessary to wear a face mask?
- While sunbathing at the pool or on the beach.
- If you are swimming in the pool or in the sea.
- During exercise.
- When you are in a bar, restaurant or on a terrace, eating and/or drinking something with a family group or people that live together.
- In your room and on your terrace/balcony.
The above is explained in detail in the following article (click on the link): https://www.thelocal.es/20200714/spains-andalusia-to-make-masks-mandatory-even-at-beaches-and-swimming-pools
237 infections out of 8.5 million inhabitants
With all the news about new outbreaks, it seems like Spain is in the midst of a new corona wave. However, on Tuesday, July 14, 2020, there are only 237 infections out of a population of 8.5 million people, based on data from the Junta de Andalucía.
Experiences of our guests
We would like to add that the guests who have been staying with us since July 1st, are positive about the experience of their holiday despite occasionally having to wear a mask. This is because putting on a mask is not necessary during the “main activities” of a relaxed and pleasant holiday. In daily practice, everyone takes off the mask as soon as they sit down at a table to eat or drink and while sunbathing and swimming.
Keep yourself updated
The latest news and updates can be found on websites such as www.english.elpais.com and www.thelocal.es.